Spring is here! Despite a few chilly days we’ve had here in North Texas, we can definitely feel a change in the air. It’s that fresh feeling of spring. The air feels crisp, the sunshine feels bright and we all want to bring some of that springtime freshness indoors with us. With that in mind, we have some tried and true tips to brighten your space and bring that fresh spring feeling into your home.
- Decorate your space with plants. An easy way to liven up your space is with plant life. Not only does it freshen up the air by absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen, but can also add a pop of color to your home. Indoor and outdoor plants are both wonderful options, but if you need a low maintenance plant then succulents may be the way to go. They are super easy to take care of and really give some great color and texture to your home. Herbs are also a great option because not only do they look great but they smell and taste great too.
- Freshen up your place for Spring! After living in a space for a while, you can start to build clutter. Go through closets, cabinets and storage spaces especially as seasons change to purge anything you may not be using frequently or at least once or twice a month.
- DIY projects can also add a fresh new feeling to the same old place. Getting crafty can not only freshen up your mind and feel therapeutic, but can also freshen up a room and make it feel new once again. You could sand and stain a coffee table, paint furniture a lighter color, or create a piece of art to go on the walls.
- In with the good and out with the bad. While spring time means a feeling of freshness is in the air, it also means dust, pollen and other allergens can be swept into your home. Give your home a good clean, or hire a good cleaning service if you don’t trust yourself. Your sinuses will thank you afterwards.
- Linen or blanket swap. Look at the bedsheets and linens you have in the home. If they’re starting to look a little warn, giving them a toss and investing in a new set for the year is a great option to brighten and refresh your space!
No matter what you do to give your home a new look for the summer, make sure your space feels like yours!